Our Mission and Goals
Milton Girls Softball is an independent, non-profit organization committed to providing all girls with an experience that fosters positive self-esteem, team spirit and individual growth through personal achievement and team play.
Our goal is for each player to have fun while gaining knowledge of the game. We strive to create and maintain an environment of teamwork, honesty and fair play with a secondary importance placed on winning.
- Teach each girl the fundamentals of the game.
- Encourage development and good sportsmanship of all players through participation in a team environment.
- For the players to have fun, make new friends, and grow as a member of a team.
- To help players become physically fit and to value fitness in their lives.
- Win enough games to feel good about the team and the season. The league will make every effort to create balanced teams, allowing for the highest level of fair competition within each grade and ensuring that players feel good about their team and the season.
- To encourage continued participation by building a passion for the sport of softball.
We strive to help coaches and parents focus on making the experience of practices and games fun, while helping the girls develop and mature as player and as people. Together, we all must demonstrate how to win with grace and lose with dignity.